NAPSA – Research to Practice (R2P) Listserv
The National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA) Research Committee is committed to walking the bridge between practice and research, going in both directions. We invite you to join us as we strengthen that link with another resource. Building on the success of the quarterly Research to Practice (R2P) Webinars and the bi-monthly R2P Briefs, we are launching the R2P listserv as a resource for ongoing communication among researchers and practitioners interested in elder abuse. What are your questions?
The goal of the listserv is to provide a forum for professionals and students working in the area of elder and vulnerable adult abuse to post questions and responses that explore research and development. It serves as a research network for researchers and practitioners to identify gaps in research and assist in promoting additional research in the area of elder and vulnerable adult abuse.
The listserv facilitates interaction among researchers and practitioners. Any professional, researcher or student working in the area of elder and vulnerable adult abuse may join the listserv. The listserv is private and only subscribers can receive, send, and/or retrieve messages.
To join the listserv, please contact us and let us know.
Below are a few guidelines for posting to the listserv.
- All new listserv subscribers will receive a welcome message with specifics on how to post to the list.
- When asking for assistance and presenting specifics of a clinical situation, please do not use any names or identifiable information of individuals involved. Even with a person’s consent, it is not necessary to use names or identifiable information.
- Attachments to messages are generally permitted, although certain file types that are known to harbor computer viruses are not allowed and will be removed by the system if attached. These disallowed attachment types include files with the following extensions: exe, bat, cmd, pif, scr, vbs, cpl.
- Please contact us if you are unsure whether a message you wish to post could be considered inappropriate.
- The listserv is not intended to be a source of training; however, questions about available training resources are appropriate for posting to the list.
- Please be clear and concise in messages, and limit messages to those which can reasonably be considered to add value to the discussion.
- Please keep in mind that the list is a “closed” list to subscribers only. Be mindful that sensitive information may be contained in messages and that it may not be appropriate to forward messages that contain identifiable information to people not subscribed to the listserv.
- In addition, please remember that subscribers do have the ability to forward messages to people beyond the listserv, so exercise caution when sharing sensitive information.
- If someone has sent a private message to you, and not to the entire list, please do not post the private message to the list.
- Discussions will sometimes result in disagreements. Rebuttals to another person’s opinions or beliefs should always be made in a rational, logical and mature manner, whether they are made publicly or privately.
- Subscribers should refrain from abusive or derogatory language that might be considered questionable.
- Messages containing unsolicited advertising and chain letters are contrary to appropriate use of the listserv and will be rejected.
- All posted messages should include a signature that includes your name, agency and location.
- Do not send administrative messages to the list such as “Please remove me.” Instead, contact NAPSA directly if you have questions or need assistance.
Please note – NAPSA reserves the right to unsubscribe or temporarily suspend anyone from the listserv for violations of these guidelines.