National APS Resource Center: Putting Research Into Practice
Research to Practice Series: R2P
The National APS Resource Center, along with project partners the National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (NCPEA) and the National Council on Crime and Delinquency (NCCD), is working to integrate findings from cutting-edge research into everyday APS practices with the Research to Practice (“R2P”) series.
The R2P series includes webinars and publications to assist APS workers and administrators nationwide. Below is a listing of our current R2P one-page briefs:
- The Effectiveness of Educational Programs to Improve Recognition and Reporting of Elder Abuse & Neglect: A Systematic Review of the Literature (3/2013) New!
- Hoarding Cases Involving Older Adults: The Transition From a Private Matter to the Public Sector (1/2013)
- Self-report Measure of Psychological Abuse of Older Adults (11/2012)
- Healthcare costs and utilization of vulnerable elderly people reported to APS for self-neglect (8/2012)
- Elder Abuse Computerized Decision Support System (5/2012)
- The Waterloo Restorative Justice Approach to Elder Abuse Project (4/2012)
- The Study of Sexual Abuse of Vulnerable Adults in Care Facilities (3/2012)
- Self-neglect & Neglect of Vulnerable Older Adults: Reexamination of Etiology (1/2012)