Working with Financial Services
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging and the National Adult Protective Services Association are pleased to release the National Guidelines to Implement the 2013 Federal Interagency Guidance on Privacy Laws and Reporting Financial Abuse of Older Adults along with the Official Requests for Customer Records. The Guidelines and the Form were released at the First World Elder Abuse Awareness Summit on June 15, 2015 at the Securities and Exchange Commission designed to promote standardization and clarity among financial institutions and Adult Protective Services. We are asking that all APS programs use this form to request records from financial institutions. The funds for this project were provided by Community Funds Inc.: the Huguette Clark Family Fund for Protection of Elders with assistance from the following steering committee members: Robert Anderson, Florida APS, Dana Goldberg, Senior Law Center, Judith Kozlowski, Administration for Community Living, Alan Lawitz, New York APS, Ron Long, Wells Fargo Advisors, Chuck Silverman, Beneficial Bank, Jennifer Spoeri, Philadelphia APS and Nancy Warren, North Carolina APS.
- Guidelines – Adobe Acrobat
- Financial Information Request Form – Adobe Acrobat
- Financial Information Request Form – Microsoft Word
In an effort to collect data on use of these forms and to evaluate their impact, please consider answering a quick five question survey.
Sample documents are posted below that include two state examples of how the above forms have been modified/adapted for specific use in both Florida and Oklahoma. Also included are sample letters that can be used to request financial records and an addition letter that can be used when financial institutions decline to comply with records requests.
- Guidelines with Sample Request Forms and Letters (Documents Below as one Packet) – Adobe Acrobat
- Florida Financial Records Request Form – Adobe Acrobat
- Oklahoma Financial Records Request Form – Adobe Acrobat
- Letter Requesting Financial Records – Adobe Acrobat
- Follow-Up Letter for Refusal to Release Records – Adobe Acrobat
Webinar on Revised Standard Forms for APS to Request Bank Records
On Thursday January 7, 2016 NAPSA and the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging held a webinar for state and local APS administrators on revisions to the forms noted above based on meetings with key stakeholders.
An audio recording of the webinar is available below along with copies of the slides presented during the webinar.
- Webinar on Revised Standard Forms for APS to Request Bank Records – MP3 Audio Recording
- Webinar on Revised Standard Forms for APS to Request Bank Records – Adobe Acrobat Slides